- Who decides how laws or rules are applied? How can we ensure that laws and rules are applied to everyone in the same way?
- What are civil rights? Who decides? How can we respond when our civil rights are violated? What can be done to strengthen the civil rights of individuals and groups?
- Is civil disobedience the most effective means of achieving racial equality?
- Is violence or non-violence the most effective means to achieve social change?
- How did the civil rights movement of the 1960′s effectively change the nation?
- Do the ideas of the 1960′s still have relevance today? Why? How?
Review the following pages: 385 – 395, 399 – 401, 492 – 494, 496 – 497, 530 – 531, 598 – 600
Read the following pages in the textbook: 658 – 663, 711 – 712, 904 – 932
Also if you would like to listen to the speech here is an audio file.