A Just War should be waged:
- Only as a last resort.
- By the legitimate government/authority of a nation
- In response to some “wrong” committed against your nation by the other side.
- With a reasonable chance of success.
- To establish a more perfect state of peace than the conditions that existed prior to the war.
- Using only force/violence justified by (proportional to) the original wrong committed.
- Using weapons that only target soldiers. Great care should be taken to prevent civilian deaths.