Welcome to the wonderful world of Digital Literacy.
This blog will be your window into our learning in Room 231. We hope you visit often. We hope you leave us comments. We hope you enjoy reading our classroom happenings!
Below is a simple and very clever guide to commenting on Blogs that we will be following when we visit other class blogs. This will help us with our literacy goal for this year to read and comment on more blogs during the week.
Here is a short and simple guide for elementary age school students.
- Acknowledge the author of the blog post.
- Let the author know if you agree with him/her and why.
- It is also ok to disagree with something, just let the author know why you feel that way.
- One word comments are not very useful. Writing just “cool” or “nice” are not very helpful and don’t let the author of the blog post really know what you are thinking.
- Always make sure you follow “netiquette”. Think if it is appropriate BEFORE you hit the submit button.
- Always be polite . It does not matter if you agree or disagree with what you are reading in a blog. Don’t write anything you would be ashamed of saying to someone’s face. Don’t hurt somebody’s feelings.