Aug 15 2011

Happy First Day Back at ISB!

Published by at 11:25 AM under Teacher Talk

It’s a difficult day for me as I think of all of you amazing students heading back to ISB today. I watched the clock tick to 7:25am your time

and was thinking of all of you in your new outfits…some with smiles on your faces…some maybe not!  It feels strange to not be welcoming

another class into Room 230 in the Gr.5 quad. I so wish I could walk down the Middle School hallways and get a chance to see some

of you. I wish you all the best this new school year. My school year in London, Ontario begins Sept.6th, so I’ve got a bit of time to paint

my  new house and head to the beach (Lake Huron!) a few more times. Do you guys remember all the names of the Great Lakes in

Canada?  (hint: H.O.M.E.S.)

Take care of yourselves…and don’t forget to read, read, read…and dance, dance, dance!

Miss B.

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “Happy First Day Back at ISB!”

1.   Aqsaon 17 Aug 2011 at 5:03 PM

Hi Miss B,
    I miss you so much, you would have never guessed that me and Olivia only have 1 class together. The only good part is that our lockers are across each other.(both orange and in the middle) And its really weird having so many different teachers and me and Morgan for some reason love having lockers. Another weird thing is me and Nadia have every class together and Olivia and Meghan have every class together. Are you ever going to visit? And everyone looks so different with their new uniforms. Also sorry but I do not remember the name of the lakes. I didn’t know you were going to keep the blog, I can’t wait to tell everyone! Guess what all of us got our laptops on the first day and I’m writing from mine right know. It’s really cool. It’s been really rainy here, Olivia and me just finished our homework (math) we just started our 1rst unit, its not that hard at first. Reply fast!!!

PS. Hows Canada? Do you miss us?

Aqsa :P :D :) :'(

2.   Miss B.on 18 Aug 2011 at 12:36 AM

Hello Aqsa!
    I miss all of you very much! Lockers are fun, don’t you think? I’ll bet you guys look really snazzy in your new uniforms. With your new Mac, you’ll have to Google the names of the great lakes–I’m not telling you what they’re called, either!
    Having your own computer on the very first day of school is sooo exciting! What a great feeling that must have been. Yes–I hear it’s been quite rainy, but that’s Bangkok, I guess. In London (Ontario) it’s been nice weather and no humidity. I was at the beach yesterday and enjoyed swimming in the salt-free water!
    Say hello to Olivia for me and everyone else. I’m thinking of you guys! Good luck with your studies. Read any good books lately? If you have any good book recommendations, let me know!
    Miss B.

3.   Catherineon 22 Aug 2011 at 2:45 PM

Hi Miss.B!!!!

I miss you so much! It’s been hard not walking through the doors of room 230 and seeing you in the morning :( But I think Middle School is a new experience and I’m ready to try.

I love having a Mac Book Pro of my own! Although I am not used to paying for lunch each day, but I’ll get the hang of it :D

Over the summer I read the whole Percy Jackson series and a few others on the way! I hope you’re enjoying Canada, and I hope to talk with you soon!!

Best Wishes,
    Catherine

4.   Meghanon 06 Sep 2011 at 5:16 PM

Hi Miss. B,
    I miss you so much here in thailand. Aqsa was so nice to tell all of us that you were still posting posts on the blog. Aqsa and I recently looked at the classroom and it has changed dramatically. Everything has moved and things were added. I do remember the lakes they are Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Eerie, and Superior. All the time we miss you and we wish that you could come see us in 6th grade. I was to tired on the first day to think about whether I was happy or not! I am sure we will read a whole bunch and I will be sure to dance. Please write back or email me soon.

Meghan

5.   Miss B.on 14 Sep 2011 at 9:24 AM

Dear Meghan,
    I don’t post often, but every now and then I’ll check out your blogs, write a few comments, and post something new on our “old” class blog! I’m glad to see you remember the Great Lakes!
    I took a few dips in Lake Huron this summer and it was wonderful! I’m teaching Gr.6 this year, and do wish that I could come and visit you in your new classes. Are you having a good year thus far?
    Yes, I hear that the class looks different.I looked at Ms.McAloon’s Flickr pictures of her classroom and the cupboards look nice. I wonder where the couches ended up? Perhaps in Mr. Perkins’ room? I know he was hinting that he liked them. Have a great week!
    Miss B.