Oct 14 2010

Freed At Last

Published by at 1:17 PM under Teacher Talk,Writer's Workshop and tagged: ,

For Monday, I’d like you to write a blog post about the miners that were rescued yesterday from the mine.

Reflect on this question:

Do you think it’s important that the world celebrate their rescue, even though these miners are people we do not know?

Miss B.

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “Freed At Last”

1.   Theeruton 14 Oct 2010 at 7:27 PM

Dear Miss.B
    The world celebrate even though they’re not the people we know because they’re human beings just like us, and imagine that if someone you love got stuck there, how will you feel and it’s the same to others. I felt quite pitty but after I knew that these people survive I was happy.
    From Tee

2.   Miss B.on 14 Oct 2010 at 7:56 PM

Thanks, Tee for your comment. Well said. We are all connected, aren’t we? I think you make a good point about imagining if it was someone we loved and how that would feel.
    It’s all about empathy.
    Miss B.

3.   Miss B.on 14 Oct 2010 at 10:22 PM

Hi Jan,
    I will try to follow your steps. I’ll let you know if it works!
    Thanks again,
    Robin

4.   Nicoon 15 Oct 2010 at 8:18 PM

Dear Miss. B
    I think its important the world celebrate because we are all human beings and are all equal to each other.
    Imagine if one of your loved ones was one of the 33 people who got stuck in there you would feel relieved they got out, its the same with others.
    Sincerely Nico

5.   Margoon 17 Oct 2010 at 3:52 PM

Dear Miss B., I think that the world should celebrate because, imagine if we were stuck down there and then nobody would really care that we got out and how that would make them feel.What if it was somebody we knew down there you would really want to care and it’s a miracle that they got out! (it really is) and we should celebrate because in a way were all connected and we care about the people we connect with don’t we? From, Margo

6.   Catherineon 17 Oct 2010 at 7:11 PM

Hi Miss.B,

I think the world should celebrate in any subject of natural disaster that human being’s survive.
    Lets try to put ourself’s in their shoes. Close your eyes, Think of one family relative. That has gone down a cave. While doing that the cave topples over. So he or she has no way to exit. This would be quite terrifying!
    One day the TV is on. All of a sudden it says: ” All of the miners have been found!” It would be a complete miracle.
    People who were complete strangers would be very thankful and happy!
    We should be happy when people are rescued. Or just come out alive from anything dangerous.

Sincerely Catherine.