We finally received our order of new books (it was delayed due to all of the COVID checks). Stop by and see! We ordered books to meet almost everyone’s interest level and genre preference.
We also continue to update the Library Website with all the latest books. Take a look and let us know what books you would like to see added.
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE MAIN LIBRARY?
“Understanding others’ mental states is a crucial skill that enables the complex social relationships that characterize human societies,”
- Re-Opening of the Library – As we reopen we will need to again monitor the number of patrons in the library due to COVID 19. Please help us by making sure to use the hand sanitizer before coming in, always wearing your mask, and remember to take a number. Thanks in advance!
- Grade 6 & & students – continued in-depth research this week on their topic of choice related to Puberty. They have done an excellent job evaluating sources and finding information to answer their questions.
- Research Tools – were updated under the Research tab on the Library Website just in time for the EE.
- Please make sure your Zoom is up to date – Also DO NOT log in with your email and password. Use the Google Sign-On Button.
- BigSur the Mac OS update came out last week. You are free to update. **lf you use special programs for Music, Video, Photos, etc check with me first to see if it has been tested.
- Make sure your browsers (Chrome and Firefox) are updated – there are recent updates to both
- Once you’ve done your updates remember it is best practice to restart your computer.
- If you have hardware issues you can contact Ed Tech or Me – email@example.com
Bell’s Book Recommendation
The Hearts We Sold – by Emily Lloyd-Jones
One of the most interesting stories I’ve read in a long time. I do not typically read much from the Paranormal genre, but this book could change my opinion. Dee worked hard to get into a good school, but now her scholarship has gone away. In an effort to find another source she is tempted by one of the many demons that now openly roam the earth. The demons will grant a wish for price. What is Dee willing to pay, how will it turn out? Read this book and be blown away by the twists, turns, and exciting ending. This book has mystery, paranormal, love story, and adventure all wrapped into one great story.
Melinda’s Book Recommendation
The Half-Drowned King – by (Adult) Linnea Hartsuyker.
An epic tale of the struggles of power that led to the unification of Norway under King Harold. The story is dominated by Ragnvald, a young warrior, cheated out of his birthright by his stepfather and his sister, Svanhild who longs for freedom despite the era’s restrictions on women. It is a complex story set in the Viking age dominated by battles, raids, and deception. However, I also particularly enjoyed the detailed descriptions of everyday life and the dramatic scenery of Norway.