We had an amazing Stone Soup Celebration today!
Thanks to everyone for sending the yummy ingredients…
We put the ingredients in the pot first thing in the morning and let them cook and cook…
Just before lunch, we poured ALL the soup from ALL the Kindergarten classes together…
THERE WAS A LOT OF SOUP!!!!!!
We all sat together in the Piazza and tasted our yummy soup…
Some of us loved it…
And some did NOT!
Here is what everyone in our class thought about the Stone Soup…
I didn’t like it because it’s not the same how my mom makes it. My mom doesn’t put the same ingredients in it.
I liked it just a little bit because it is salty and I like salt.
It’s good because it’s not too hot and there’s lots of vegetables, but the thing I don’t like about it is the regular potatoes.
I didn’t like the soup because it hurt my tummy.
I did not like it cause the celery was like hot and the carrots were hot and the onion was a little bit hot.
I liked the soup because it had sweet potatoes and peas and corn and noodles!
I like it because it has yummy things!
I sort of don’t like soup because there’s so much in it.
I like it because it’s yummy but I like the broccoli, but I don’t like celery.
I did not like it because I don’t like tomato.
I never ever want to taste it because I don’t eat onions.
I didn’t like it because there was too much carrots.
I liked it because it had my favorite food in it…CORN!
I like it so much because I like to eat vegetables and because it has a lot of vegetables!
I liked the soup, but I didn’t like the vegetables.
At the end of lunch, we each got to try a dessert made by one of the Kindergarten classes…
Our class made the brownies and the eggless banana cupcakes. So yummy!
Making Stone Soup was a wonderful way to celebrate our community.
When we all work together we can do amazing things!
Hooray for STONE SOUP!!!!!!!
Questions to spark discussions…
* What happened when the class tried to make banana cupcakes? What did you do?
* What song did you all sing to celebrate the banana cupcake adventure?
* What was your favorite part of cooking this week?
* Can you sing one of the Stone Soup songs?
* What were some of the versions of Stone Soup you read this week?
* What was the same about them? Different? Which was your favorite version?
* Who were are visiting authors this week?
* What kind of books do they write?
* What did Matt talk to us about in the Piazza?
* What did Zero the Hero bring for the 70th Day of school?
* What kind of comic did you write?