- Lead the BBSA Board of Directors including – Treasurer, Sponsor Director, SEAYBST Director, League Directors, Umpire Director. Schedule Coordinator, Uniform Coordinator (CAO office – Registration, Photos)
- Lead Monthly Planning meetings from August through May. Insure Nichada club is notified for meeting setup. (2 hours per month)
- Direction setting – including registrar process, season planning (teams, schedule, ISB and NIST practices). Ensure alignment and consensus among board members.
- Oversee all the details and issues that can come up during a season with almost 30 teams and 350 kids. Role is more effective by delegating to League and Position Directors.
- Work closely with SEAYBST director to ensure competitive traveling teams are organized and properly equipped.
- Work with NIST “downtown ” practice coordinator to insure facilities reserved and BBSA members have equipment and coaches.
- Work closely with ISB (Andy Vaughan (athletic director)) and ISB softball coaches to ensure integration of BBSA, SEAYBST with ISB activities.
- Work with CAO (Justin Wah (director)) as point of contact with other League Presidents – NBSL, NBBL, Swimming, Cub and Boy Scouts. BBSA Commissioner will need to attend several meetings a year for planning and CAO specific issues. (2 hours every 2-3 months)
- Maintain an accurate record of BBSA financial transactions. Have BBSA financial balance available for each monthly meeting.
- Responsible for payment of BBSA Board approved purchases. Signature authority for payment of bills and miscellaneous expenses associated with BBSA.
- Work with CAO secretary, Khun Fon, on payment of grounds crew, umpires and student umpires.
- Work with sponsor Director to ensure sponsor BBSA dues and SEAYBST sponsorships are deposited in a timely fashion.
- Work with registration coordinator to ensure timely deposit and refunds of BBSA dues as needed throughout the year.
- Taking and distributing minutes at BBSA Board meetings
- Making a list of “To Do” items for each board member and distributing these within a week after each Board meeting
- Coordinating with the CAO Office (Justin/Khun Fon) on updates to BBSA website
- Preparing the new BBSA calendar in April each year to be included with the ISB Community calendar
- Coordinating BBSA’s attendance at the August Community Activity Day including recruiting volunteers at the BBSA table
- Responsible to work with current BBSA sponsors and/or recruit additional sponsors as needed to help support the BBSA league.
- Make sure each sponsor fills out the sponsorship form and determine sponsorship level, preferred baseball team, and sponsor logos for uniform and banners.
- Provide and distribute to each sponsor a plaque with photo of their sponsored team.
- Provide feedback from sponsors to help insure sponsors have a positive relationship with BBSA.
- Works with BBSA Treasurer to ensure sponsorship dues are paid in a timely manner.
- Works with Uniform Coordinator to insure proper team names and logos of sponsor are ready for uniform maker.
- Bangkok Director of SEAYBST teams for 2014 tournament in Manila, Philippines.
- Help coordinate logistics for Bangkok teams for SEAYBST tournament. Needs to have good organizational and email communication skills.
- Seek nominations for SEAYBST coaches and bring list for vote at BBSA Board meeting.
- Provide tournament information from host country to SEAYBST coaches, parents and players regarding hotels, buses, player eligibility, rules and SEAYBST schedules.
- Attend Directors meetings and work with Directors from Perth, Singapore, Manila and Jakarta to determine SEAYBST tournament schedule and vote on rules changes as needed.
- Works with BBSA Treasurer to account for SEAYBST sponsorships and dues.
League Directors – T-Ball, A,AA, AAA, Majors, Seniors, ES Softball, MSHS Softball
- Help assign volunteers to be managers on each of the teams in the league. Recruit additional managers and assistant coaches within the league as needed.
- Organize player assessments and work with managers in league to assess the players in the league. League director and managers then form teams of relative equal ability.
- Distribute keys, locks and team uniforms to coaches in the league. Forward information as needed concerning schedules, Opening Day, clinics, team photos etc.
- Help answer questions and/or complaints from parents, coaches and players within the league. Bring any major issues to BBSA Commissioner for assistance if needed.
- Define and communicate league rules.
Umpire Director – David John working with CAO office
- Recruit and insure proper training and equipment for umpires in the league.
- Notify umpires of dates and time for game schedule.
- Make sure umpires and student umpires are paid in a timely fashion.
- Assist umpires with rule disputes
Downtown Practice (@ NIST) Coordinator
- Coordinates booking of and payment for the NIST practice field
- Helps downtown coaches and players establish practice time
- Helps arrange for BBSA equipment to be delivered and stored at NIST facility
Uniform Coordinator–Works with Sponsor Dir. / League Dir., Khun Fon (CAO). Help organize uniform design and order for BBSA teams. Insure sponsor logos and appropriate number of uniforms are ordered and distributed to League Directors by Opening Day.